Monday, July 30, 2012

Ahhh...I don't feel like such a little black rain cloud anymore.  The three weeks entailing birth control pills and the stims shots were sooo not ok with me.  I'd have my daily doc appointment for blood draw and ultrasound and every day I'd cry to the nurse, cry to the doctor, cry for no reason, cry on the drive back to work...I just cried.  A lot.  They always gave me the same perplexed look, telling me that nausea is not a common complaint with the meds but OMG i was sick.  I spent a week and a half dragging my toosh out of bed (in tears), trying to get myself at least a little ready and then holding back puke while driving to work.  Then it was a struggle to make it thru the day without actually vomiting...on people...or myself.  The bathroom at work is dangerously far from my desk.  I manage to make it thru each day, although I'm not sure how.  Those were some dark days and I know it probably sounds so silly, but something in those meds did NOT agree with me.  It sounds ridiculous but I couldn't even fathom being pregnant and surviving pregnancy because I was so depressed and anxious.    I feared 9 months of extreme  morning sickness, I feared even 3 months of morning sickness and I was a CRY BABY.  But.....that is now all in the past.  FOREVER.  Thank goodness!  We had our egg retrieval last Wednesday.  I was worried that it would be a bad day, I didn't know what to expect (pain wise) and I dreaded having to go back to work the next day.  Being as I just started my new job I didn't feel like I had the luxury of taking an extra day to rest, especially with my needing to come in late everyday after my monitoring appointments.  I was pleasantly surprised; however, because it wasn't too bad.  I was given Propofol (ala Michael Jackson lol) and dozed off for the first time in a couple weeks.  I woke up later feeling sore, but not near as sore as before.  They retrieved 21 eggs!  And that, friends, explains the pain I had all week during my stims phase.  Ovaries aren't meant to swell to the size of a small fist, nor are they meant to produce more than one egg a cycle.  So, eggs evicted and I was feeling much better.

The next day we got a call letting us know that from the 21 eggs we now have 13 embryos!  Woot!  More than enough for a few cycles...but let's just handle this one at a time, k?  Our transfer is this afternoon and we are so excited!  We've switched from the stims shots to now progesterone in my toosh and that takes this to a new level of entertainment.

Anyway...more to come later, today's the big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment