Monday, June 4, 2012

I Heart My RE

I have to say...I LOVE my baby doc.  Not only is he compassionate and gentle (which-let me say...is important when you have everyone up, in and around your parts lol) but he always has good news for me!  The Sono/Mock went well today, despite a little hiccup on my part...I forgot the part where I was supposed to take a pregnancy test this morning and bring it with me in a baggie to the appointment...Totally spaced that...up until the point where I was sitting in the waiting room...I freaked, explained to the receptionist and asked if I had time to run to Walgreens...And that's that.  Off to Walgreens, buy a pee test AND baggies...utilize Walgreens bathroom (after waiting for a manager to unlock the door for me...puleeeeez how embarrassing) insert pee stick into baggie and race back down to the office.  After that it was all fun and games.  I mean-what's more fun than catheters, stirrups and pelvic ultrasound probes?  Happy Monday to ME!  MORE PLEASE! ;)

The Sono/Mock transfer revealed a beautiful (although retroverted and retroflexed-whatever that means) uterus just waiting for embryos!  So...now we wait...I never thought I'd be excited for my monthly to come and birth control pills to start...but I want it!  I want it now!  If all goes well, I will have blood work checking hormone levels on Cycle Day 3 and Cycle Day 10.  From there we start the stimulation-lots of needles, lots of medication, and hopefully NOT a lot of fainting...I hope Cody is ready because HE will be the one administering the fun juice.  I just dont think I can give myself a shot...and this is twice a day people...Pregnancy will be like nothing after two weeks of shots and hormones.  (And none of you better rain on my parade and tell me how difficult pregnancy will be-I choose to be ignorant and naive.  Pregnancy will be sunshine and kittens, ok?)

All we ask is prayers that the doctors will have wisdom and skilled hands and that my body will do what it is supposed to do...And maybe...just maybe I will have a fetus instead of crocodiles in my uterus come August...LOTS of prayers please!

3 comments:

  1. So excited for you and Cody!!!! LOVE IT!!! Good luck. Twins, anyone?

    Grandma Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so! Gotta get our money's worth :) I mean...eeks...is Grandma Lori ready for twins? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you two! It was fun reading your blog and catching up on your life! Good luck with IVF

    ReplyDelete