Sunday, January 22, 2012

2012...A Sweet Thing Indeed

Hello all!  (Funny thing is, I don't blog often enough to even assume anyone reads...let alone "all" of you :)  Moving on....

2012 is gonna be great...I KNOW it.  We have so much to be thankful for! Our trials have brought us closer as a couple and a family.  Cody and I endured almost two years of drama with our ex-wife.  I say "our" because she is so all consuming I feel like I have an ex wife as well :)  Gotta laugh at what you can't change.  I have learned to not waste my time holding onto anger and bitterness...And to be perfectly honest, the closer I come to knowing my Heavenly Father the less hatred I feel in my heart.  Our life here on earth is too short to waste time dwelling on others' businaaaaassss :) 

That being said: Let me share the good news:  We have JOINT  legal and physical custody!  Yay!  It was a long, hard, knock-down, drag-out fight but we have truly been blessed.  We were blessed with an amazing attorney, and an honest, fair judge who was blessed with the wisdom to see the truth through the muddy lies.  We know this couldn't have been possible without our Heavenly Father and we are so thankful to Him!  I feel I am being repetetive but I am so over-the-moon happy and overcome with gratefulness that I am just overflowing with happiness!  This change will allow us to have those little monsters we love so much half of the year instead of a lame every other weekend.  They are doing so well now.  They are happier than we have seen them in a long time.  For the most part they are excelling in school and sports and are such a joy to share life with. 

Trinitee tryed out for and made a travel soccer team.  We will be busy busy busy from now till July with tournaments both in town and out.  The season culminates with AYSO regionals, which are being held in Tennessee!  How fun!  We will be all over the next six months:  Camp Verde, Prescott, Tuscon etc.

Austin also just signed up for the spring 2012 Deer Valley Little League season after playing tackle football for the fall season.  He is sooooo very pumped.  Baseball and football are life as far as he's concerned and he has continued to accel season after season.  Right now, Cody has him working with a personal trainer who is the brother of the starting pitcher for the Baltimore Orioles....Austin thinks he is such a baller now ;)

We love our little family and can't wait to be sealed and to grow!  2012 is gonna be a sweet one...I know it.  I feel so thankful for the trials we have endured in the last few years and thankful for what these trials have taught us and refined us into!

No comments:

Post a Comment